PCFA Nursing Care Course Education Scholarship
Intention of the scholarship
The aim of the award is to provide three registered nurses from across Australia with the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills in the field of prostate cancer nursing, by providing financial assistance to enrol in the post-graduate distance education prostate nursing care course through Latrobe University. It is envisaged that this will benefit the successful applicants knowledge by exposure to best practice management and support of men with prostate cancer, ultimately improving the quality of care provided to these men.
The scholarship for 3 full registrations for distribution as follows:
- The scholarship is full registration of course fees for the 3 successful applicants.
- Applicants need to provide evidence of support to undertake study from their line manager
- The successful applicants are required to provide feedback to the PCFA within 4 weeks of final results for the completed program, in the form of a written report which in turn may be published on the PCFA website and / or newsletter. The report will provide a synopsis of the educational program undertaken along with any key messages learnt
- The program of study must commence in financial year
- Payment will be made directly to La Trobe University for each applicant upon confirmation of enrolment
- Scholarship opens for application 30 November each year closes to application 31 December each year. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Applicants notified of successful positions mid-January of the following year
- Submit the application form along with: a copy of your CV, a letter of support from your manager confirming they support your application and a copy of your nursing registration certificate
- Application forms should be submitted electronically to Ann Marie Alexander, Director of Nursing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Applications must be made using the correct application form and include requested supporting documentation otherwise they will be considered invalid
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application week the second week of January, with the successful applicants also posted on the PCFA website
Applicants are advised to seek their own taxation advice regarding the income tax / fringe benefits tax and its effect on any funding they receive from PCFA.
Selection for the scholarship will be made according to demonstration of the following criteria:
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency status
- Registered Nurse with current nursing registration in any state or territory of Australia
- Have a minimum of two years' experience in the nursing profession since initial registration
- Employed in a nursing position caring for men with prostate cancer (this may include clinical, health promotion, research or education settings and includes the private and public sectors)
- Outline 3 objectives which describe the relevance of the chosen education program to the applicant's practice, how it will contribute to improving the management and support of men with prostate cancer in the nurses’ work setting and how to this knowledge will be disseminated locally.
- Evidence of support from direct line manager must be included
Please include Curriculum Vitae in your application together with your application.
In the event of a large number of applications meeting the selection criteria – a ballot will be drawn.
Click here to download the application for PCFA Nurses Education Grant 2017
The 2016 grants have been awarded to:
- Christine Britton, Wagga Wagga Community Health
- Judith Mays, Bairnsdale Hospital
- Lindy Ostini, Orange Hospital
- Francesca Leggott, Hollywood Private
- Scott Ridgeway, Mullumbimby Community Health
To view PDF files, you need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer.
Click here to get this free software.